Thursday, September 9, 2010

Classes and outdoor market

Classes have started (kind of) we only have them 3 days a week and field trips on Wednesday and Friday. This Friday is Tivoli and Hadrian's villa which should be super interesting. I switched my classes up a little from what I planned on taking, but now I get to take Etruscan art and Archaeology which I am very excited about.

This morning we got up early, met our italian teacher and went to the outdoor market in order to get some fresh groceries and get a little italian practice, it was fun to buy lots of healthy and local veggies. The outdoor market occurs twice a week and includes all kinds of produce, meats, cheese, and some other select things such as jewelry, clothes, rugs, bags, books, ect. I got a new shirt and bracelet along with our groceries and we are going back this week to look for cheap clothes for one of our field trips; it is a repelling and spelunking trip in Parrano, where all of our clothes will be ruined by bat guano. Italian version of value village/goodwill here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment