Sunday, August 8, 2010

Visa, and some preperation

About a week ago I took a day trip to Houston to get my student visa to allow me to stay in Italy for three and a half months. After a slight mishap with plane tickets, (which were later corrected and faxed) it was all taken care of and now I just have to wait for my visa to be processed and sent back.

I have about 2 and a half weeks left in Austin this summer, and man has that been an adventure in and of itself. It has been a blast and is passing way to fast. I still have so many things I want to do! After Austin I will be back home in Plano for about a week to wrap things up, and do little things: Haircut, dentist, packing ect.

Then off on my adventure to Orvieto, by way of 2 planes and 2 trains, I am starting to get a little nervous about setting off for a country where I only know enough of the language to order a drink, and maybe ask where the bathroom is, and a program where I know nobody. It will be like freshman year of college all over again.

I will miss my Willamette friends dearly they have grown to be my family over the last 2 years, and not seeing some for a while will be hard. Which is one of the reasons why I am writing this, too stay in touch. Also because I am terrible with real diaries, and picture taking, so I hope this will help me crystalize and really think about my adventures and travels.

Countdown to departure 25 days.

Until later
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment