Monday, August 23, 2010

Leaving Austin...

My visa arrived the other day, my tuition got paid today, I found out book information as well as sent my program director my flight itinerary. With less than 2 weeks to go this is really starting to become a reality. AH

The first realities that I must deal with, are however that I am leaving Austin in 2.5 days, and not heading back to WU. As I watch all my friends post updates about opening days, and move in I am tinged with nostalgia, the start of school the last two year has been exciting. I am going to miss all the fun that accompanies this return to normalcy, and catching up with my friends about summer and our separate lives. I am also going to miss making the 2000 mile drive with my Dad, road trips with him have become somewhat of a tradition and I didn't get one this summer. Change means I am growing up I guess.

I have to leave a job in Georgetown that I didn't like for a long time, but in the last month have grown to enjoy and make some great friends. I will miss the kids (and occasional adult) that I spent this summer working (and a lot of playing) with. I thank my friend and boss Stephanie for the wonderful opportunity and look forward to maybe coming back next summer. Thanks for everything everyone!!

While I work and in other free time I have made mental and physical check lists of things I need to do and take care of before september 2nd, but the one that I am avoiding is thinking about packing. It is such a daunting task, and one I will surely avoid until the last minute. Which will as usual cause over-packing. Maybe I can encourage myself to plan ahead this time.

My last thank you of this post goes to my room-mate and high school best friend Amar. Thanks for everything, for letting me live with you, for hanging out all the time, for introducing me to your kick-ass friends (I see why you love Austin so much) for cooking tasty dinners with me, and for introducing me to some awesome music. You have been a focal point of my summer. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

With that I close, and also want to say that blog writing is strangely therapeutic. This is coming from a girl who has NEVER kept a diary in her entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment